Sunday, May 25, 2008

Armageddon

As I stood still, the world around me grew old,
And I could see forward and backward in time,
While light shone from my eyes,
Fire emanated from my nostrils,
Water spilled from my tongue,
And Wind whipped from my fingertips.
As I stood immune to these elements,
All around me was changed,
Spiraling out of control
While I remained the same.

In the center of a wheel,
Things spun round in a circle,
Centrifugally rotating clockwise,
And being pushed further outward,
Until finally the young reached the edge,
And were tossed off by their momentum,
Sent flying through the air,
Arms flailing wildly,
Hands grasping at nothing,
And aged to old,
While moving away,
Leaving me alone,
To watch the light turn dark,
And back again,
As the Sun set and rose once more.

At its core the earth shifted,
The soil was pierced and broken,
As new growth pushed up,
And sidewalks cracked,
Making buildings collapse,
The pavement broken,
And revealing the Hand of God,
As It pushed forcefully through,
To take back all that It had created.
-Akeem Lawrence, 5/25/08

No comments: