Friday, December 26, 2008

If I Could See the World Atop a Mountain...

I see the world atop a mountain,
And all around it still,
On the verge of tipping its momentum,
And rolling down the hill.

Chancing balance suspensely,
Hanging in the measure of the wind,
Expectation of its toppling,
No true threat posed by its end
Even if there were it never would,
Even it it wanted to,
It never could...

The risk of it toppling
Purely mythological,
It never really stood,
Just scared speculations of potential,
The Little Earth That Could...

Suspended there in silence,
Or a lack thereof,
'Cuz what's the use of volume,
When there's no need to be heard?

I'm beheld in wonder,
In amazement outside of its walls,
That there's no concern inherent here,
Only the occasional pause

To have a look
A curiosity,
Enshrined in obscurity,
A mere distraction,
Diverting the attention,
Of the eye that gazes elsewhere
All, day, long...

I traveled to be different,
And look upon it from afar
Just to know what life is like
Outside the brightest shining star.

A need for curiosity,
Brought me to this booth,
To watch it lit in contrast,
And gaze in different angles' truth,

I feel as though I'm changing,
I don't think that I'm aloof
I just think I know the wisdom of
The Fiddler on the Roof.
-Akeem Lawrence, 12/25/08

No comments: